CONNECTICUT DMV ROAD TEST
(If you are up to 21 years old)
Your Connecticut road test experince starts here. Epic offers DMV requires classroom programs, driving lessons and DMV road test preparation lessons as well as car rental options at all Connecticut DMV locations.
SCHEDULING YOUR ROAD TEST
Click on the button above “DMV APPT REQUEST” and select the options that are best for you. Our experienced staff will match your requirements and book a road test based on your preferences and our instructor/vehicle availability.
ROAD TEST ELIGIBILITY
Your eligibility to take the road test is based on your age, the amount of time you have held your permit, behind-the-wheel experience and the type of classroom program you have completed.
2) Take at least two driving hours with Epic Driving School
2) Have at least 40 hours of behind-the-wheel experience
3) Hold a Connecticut learners permit for the eligibility period. The waiting time is:
STUDENT DRIVERS BETWEEN 16 OR 17:
Full Teen Program 121 days
Safe Driving Program 181 days
STUDENT DRIVERS 18+:
Safe Driving Program 91 days
STUDENT DRIVERS WHO HELD A LICENSE BEFORE (FROM ANY STATE OR COUNTRY):
No Waiting Period
STUDENTS RETAKING THE ROAD TEST:
Regardless of Age 14 days
CANCELING OR RESCHEDULING A ROAD TEST
Road tests cannot be cancelled or rescheduled within 7 days. Students trying to cancel within this time may be required to be a DMV $40 rescheduling fee and pay for another Epic test fee.
WHAT TO EXPECT ON YOUR ROAD TEST
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROAD TEST AT THE CT DMV
1) Learner's Permit (original and a copy)
2) Face mask
3) Comfortable shoes or sneakers
4) Eyeglasses or contact lenses, if applicable
5) If the classroom program was taken at a different driving school, bring the driver's education certificate
6) Form R229
7) After passing the road test, students can use the button "Pay DMV Lisence Fee" found on this page to process your license request. DMV charges ($84.00) to issue your license. The fee is never included in any of our packages.
RESCHEDULING THE ROAD TEST AFTER A FAIL GRADE
If the student does not pass the test, there will be a DMV $40 rescheduling fee and Epic test fees if you retake your road test with us. There is a 14-day waiting period to re-test.
WE HAVE A NO-REFUND POLICY FOR ROAD TEST FEES.