CONNECTICUT ROAD TEST AT EPIC SCHOOLS
(after you pass your test)
Skip the DMV...take your road test with us!
When you test with us, you will be using our vehicle for testing. We ask students to arrive between 15 and 30 min early for the road test appointment.
SCHEDULING A ROAD TEST AT OUR SCHOOL
Scheduling the road test at our driving school: Click on the button above “Epic Test Calendar” and select that date that is best for you. If your package includes a road test, click on “Redeem Gift Certificate” and enter the package code or email. Tests are the driving school are booked between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. and students take the test in 15-min intervals. When you book your test, the system will give you the test date. You can call us if you would like to set a specific time. If you do not call, we will assign a time between 8am and 2pm about two weeks before your test
If you are taking your road test at our driving school, you must be between 16 and 21 years old (DMV regulation)
ROAD TEST ELIGIBILITY
You are eligible to take the road test based on your age, the amount of time you have held your permit, behind-the-wheel experience and the type of classroom program you have completed. Regardless of age, the requirements are:
1) Complete a classroom program at a driving school (8hr Safe Driving or 30hr Full Teen Program)
2) Take at least two driving hours with Epic Driving School
2) Have at least 40 hours of behind-the-wheel experience
3) Hold a Connecticut learners permit for the eligibility period. The waiting time is:
STUDENT DRIVERS BETWEEN 16 OR 17:
Full Teen Program 121 days
Safe Driving Program 181 days
STUDENT DRIVERS 18+:
Safe Driving Program 91 days
STUDENT DRIVERS WHO HELD A LICENSE BEFORE (FROM ANY STATE OR COUNTRY):
No Waiting Period
STUDENTS RETAKING THE ROAD TEST:
Regardless of Age 14 days
If you are taking your road test at our driving school, you must be between 16 and 21 years old (DMV regulation).
CANCELING OR RESCHEDULING A ROAD TEST
DMV requires a minimum number of students per test date and cancels test dates that do not reach the minimum requirement. Students canceling at the last minute can impact the ability of other students to test. To protect all students, please observe the following:
Road tests cannot be cancelled or rescheduled within 7 days. Students trying to cancel within this time will be marked as a no show and be required to be a DMV $40 rescheduling fee and pay for another test.
Road tests cancelled less than 14 days from the test date will be subject to a 50% charge to re-schedule.
WHAT TO EXPECT ON YOUR ROAD TEST
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROAD TEST AT OUR SCHOOL
1) Learner's Permit (original and a copy)
2) Face mask
3) Comfortable shoes or sneakers
4) Eyeglasses or contact lenses, if applicable
5) If the classroom program was taken at a different driving school, bring the driver's education certificate
7) After passing the road test, students can use the button "Pay DMV Lisence Fee" found on this page to process your license request. DMV charges ($84.00) to issue your license. The fee is never included in any of our packages.
RESCHEDULING THE ROAD TEST AFTER A FAIL GRADE
If the student does not pass the test, there will be a DMV $40 rescheduling fee and Epic test fees if you retake your road test with us. There is a 14-day waiting period to re-test.
WE HAVE A NO-REFUND POLICY FOR ROAD TEST FEES.