Skip the DMV...take your road test with us!
Road Test Eligibility
To take the road test at the driving school or at the DMV with a driving school car, students must:
1) Complete the classroom program at the driving (8hr Safe Driving or 30hr Full Teen Program)
2) Take at least two driving hours at the driving school
3) Have at least 40 hours of behind-the-wheel experience
4) Hold a Connecticut learners permit for the eligibility period of:
THE WAIT TIME FOR STUDENTS WHO ARE 16 or 17:
Full Teen Program 120 days
Safe Driving Program 180 days
THE WAIT TIME FOR STUDENTS WHO ARE 18 to 21:
Safe Driving Program 90 days
THE WAIT TIME FOR STUDENTS WHO HELD A LICENSE BEFORE (FROM ANY STATE OR COUNTRY):
No Waiting Period
THE WAIT TIME FOR STUDENTS RETAKING THE TEST:
Regardless of Age 14 days
Students can take the road test at the driving school if they are between 16 and 21 years old.
Road Test Requirements
Students will need to have the following for the road test:
1) Learner's Permit (original and a copy)
2) N95 or KN95 face mask (available at the driving school for $5)
3) Latex-type gloves
4) Comfortable shoes or sneakers
5) Eye glasses or contact lenses (if necessary)
6) If the classroom program was taken at a different driving school, bring the CS1 certificate.
7) If the student is a minor and did not take the full teen program, a parent must be present to sign the R229 form.
Print and complete the following forms:
8) COVID-19 Screening Form:
9) CI-12 Learner Permit to License Application:
After the student passes the road test, Epic will mail the students' documents to the DMV.
10) When you pass the test, you will need a check or money order in the amount of $84 made payable to the Department of Motor Vehicle. DMV. We will mail all documents and checks to the DMV and they will mail you your drivers license to your residence.
You are only able to drive by yourself when your license arrives in the mail.
If the student does not pass the test, there will be a $80 fee to reschedule ($40 paid to the DMV and $40 to the driving school)
Testing at the DMV
If you are testing at the DMV, make sure to contact our office to get the location and time you will be meeting your instructor. Our instructor will help you sign in at the DMV. After you pass, the instructor will be there for any last minute questions. DMV will charge you a $84 license fee and give you a paper license. The original licensed will be sent by mail.
Testing at the Driving School
All tests are the driving school are booked between 8 a.m. and 1 p.m. When you book your test, you will only have the test date. About a week before the test date, you will receive an email with the exact test time. We encourage students to arrive 30 minutes before their scheduled time.
When you arrive at the school, call the office to be placed on the sign-in sheet. Students will be called based on the sign-in sheet. Wait in your vehicle until the office calls back when you are next in line. There may be delays in testing since we have additional cleaning protocols in between students. After the test, you will receive an e-mail with instructions about the next steps in obtaining your license.
ANSONIA OFFICE: (203) 942-0767
BETHEL OFFICE: (203) 456-6222
BRIDGEPORT OFFICE: (203) 456-6223
BROOKFIELD OFFICE: (203) 942-0767
DANBURY OFFICE: (203) 792-1333
Retaking the Road Test
If you do not pass, there are fees to reschedule your test paid to the DMV and to the driving school.